Valley View Local Schools believes that all children are entitled to an education that meets their individual needs. We are committed to providing children with opportunities to progress their abilities.
Our goal is to provide services where our Gifted Learners:
- Develop and apply higher-level thinking and processing skills.
- Use effective, positive leadership skills in the classroom and community.
- Examine and form relationships among ideas and data.
- Apply supporting evidence for ideas, principles, and/or generalizations.
- Use logical reasoning, decision-making steps, and problem solving to come to solutions or hypotheses.
- Use forms of creative thinking to gain insight (brainstorming, flexibility, fluency, orginality, and elaboration).
We want to create a student-centered, rigorous academic environment specifically designed to meet the intellectual, creative, social, and emotional needs of gifted individuals within their unique culture while helping to produce self-directed, life-long learners who will become productive citizens.