In response to a federal mandate, the Valley View Local School District developed a preschool program to serve children 3 – 5 years of age with a wide range of disabilities qualifying for special education services. A program model was adopted to include children with typical development in order to provide for a more appropriate and enriching learning experience.
The program provides a nurturing environment that supports the intellectual, academic, and social growth of young children. It is designed to serve both students with a range of disabilities as well as typical preschool students who pay tuition to attend. The model is built on the premise that preschool-aged students with disabilities, as well as those with typical learning styles, can both benefit and grow academically by learning alongside one another. “Center-based classrooms” are comprised of equal numbers of both types of learners.
- Morning or afternoon programs (no full-day sessions available).
- AM Session (3-year-olds & early 4-year-olds) – 9:00 a.m. – 11:45 p.m.
- PM Session (late 4-year-olds & 5-year-olds) – 12:40 p.m. – 3:25 p.m.
- Four-day program (Monday through Thursday)
- Students currently enrolled may remain in the program without participating in the lottery, provided they meet age requirements, but still must complete an application.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the parent, guardian or caregiver.
- Siblings of children returning to the program are given priority during the registration process.
- Children must be three years old on or before Aug. 1 during the year they wish to enroll.
- Children who are five years old on or before Aug. 1 are not eligible.
- If your child is eligible for kindergarten, he/she is not eligible for this program.
- Children must be toilet-trained or in the process of being toilet-trained.
- Families must reside within the Valley View School District by the end of the application deadline.
Tuition & Fees
The current annual tuition rate for the current school year is $100 per month.
A $50.00 non-refundable registration fee will be due after the lottery is held and upon acceptance into the program. This fee will be applied to the last month’s tuition. There is also a one-time $85 snack fee for the year.
Valley View’s preschool program is funded by a combination of state and local funding. This funding does not cover all expenses. Tuition payments help defray the excess costs.
Due to the limited number of tuition-based seats, a lottery is held each February for students who submit an application during open registration in January. Students currently enrolled may remain in the program without participating in the lottery, provided they meet age requirements. Siblings of children returning to the program are given priority during the registration process.
Parents interested in learning about the tuition-based program are also invited to attend an informational meeting, where preschool staff are available to answer questions and give an overview of the program.